(Information edited Tuesday 21st December)
With the current Covid situation rapidly changing, we are doing our best to keep everyone safe whilst in our church building. Please do remember to wear your mask unless you are exempt and we strongly urge you to take a lateral flow test before attending services. As Christians, we have a responsibility to show compassion to one another, and so we would encourage everyone to keep in mind those in our community who are more vulnerable, especially when we come together for our services. We will do our best to cater for our whole church family.
We are currently holding our services in person and continuing to live stream our services to our YouTube channel too so you can watch them online if you feel more comfortable joining services from home.
Our pastoral team are also in touch with many members of our church family, and if you’d appreciate someone to talk to or pray with, we’d love to hear from you too. There’s lots of other exciting things happening so do check the rest of our website and get in touch with the office for details.
As ever, we’re keeping arrangements under regular review, so do check back here for updates.
What is happening with church services, events and courses?
- For information about our services and changes in place, see our services page.
- Please note that it is now mandatory to wear a mask at church, unless you are exempt.
- We strongly urge you to take lateral flow tests (freely available from Gov.uk or your local pharmacy) before coming to church.
- The staff team are working both from home and in the church centre and are monitoring emails and phone messages.
- Its great that we’re seeing POD Groups reconnecting in person. If you’ve got any questions about PODs reconnecting in this season, do email the church office!
What are we seeking to do as a big church family in this situation?
- Walk closely with God and find his encouragement and strength and be faithful followers of Jesus and help those around us where we can.
- Focus on our three priorities – to LOVE God and share God’s love with one another, to BUILD communities of disciples committed to following Jesus, and to REACH our local community with the Good News.
- Care for one another, especially those at risk within our church family. (The elderly, those with underlying conditions and those with additional needs).
- Be courageous, generous, careful and responsible in all of our efforts and ensure that we follow all necessary measures to keep people safe (i.e. safeguarding, health and safety requirements).
- Do all we can to avoid spreading the virus.
What can I do?
- Please let us know if you are struggling at all, or get the Coronavirus. We want to be praying for you and to support you now, or if the need arises. Please ring 01483 455333 or email email@example.com.
- Join the St Saviour’s Facebook noticeboard: This is a great way of keeping in touch with our church family and sharing ideas.
- Keep praying and encouraging each other in our faith.
- Please keep an eye on our website and social media where we will be posting regular updates.
- Let’s trust God. He is faithful and is with us as we journey through this testing time.
We are really looking forward to continuing to reconnect in this season and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
With love from,