(Information remains correct as of 22nd July )
This week has brought stage 4 of the easing of restrictions and we have carefully considered what this means for our church family and how services and other activities are run in the building. This video here explains the decisions and measures we’ve taken to safely welcome our church family to our services and other activities.
While some will be really excited about the easing of restrictions, we know that others will remain cautious and anxious. As Christians, we have a responsibility to show compassion to one another, and so we would encourage everyone to keep in mind those in our community who are more vulnerable, especially when we come together on Sundays. We will do our best to cater for our whole church family.
We are holding our services in person and these will no longer be ticketed. We will continue to live stream our services (9am, 10:30am, 6pm each Sunday) to our YouTube channel too so you can watch them online if you aren’t quite ready to come back to the building.
Our pastoral team are also in touch with many members of our church family, and if you’d appreciate someone to talk to or pray with, we’d love to hear from you too. There’s lots of other exciting things happening so do check the rest of our website and get in touch with the office for details.
As ever, we’re keeping arrangements under regular review, so do check back here for updates.
What is happening with church services, events and courses?
- For information about our services and changes in place following the easing of restrictions, see our services page.
- The staff team are working both from home and in the church centre and are monitoring emails and phone messages
- Its great that we’re seeing POD Groups reconnecting in person. If you’ve got any questions about PODs reconnecting in this season, do email the church office!
What are we seeking to do as a big church family in this situation?
- Walk closely with God and find his encouragement and strength and be faithful followers of Jesus and help those around us where we can
- ‘Love God, Love People & Make A Difference’ by building family, shining brightly and living courageously
- Support one another
- Care for Big Family members, especially those at risk. (The elderly, those with underlying conditions and those with additional needs)
- Prioritise the most vulnerable first
- Be courageous, generous, careful and responsible in all of our efforts and ensure that we follow all necessary measures to keep people safe (i.e. safeguarding, health and safety requirements)
- Do all we can to avoid spreading the virus
What can I do?
- Please let us know if you are struggling at all, or get the Coronavirus. We want to be praying for you and to support you now, or if the need arises. Please ring 01483 455333 or email email@example.com
- Join the St Saviour’s Facebook noticeboard: This is a great way of keeping in touch with our church family and sharing ideas.
- Keep praying and encouraging each other in our faith
- Please keep an eye on our website and social media where we will be posting regular updates
- Let’s trust God. He is faithful and is with us as we journey through this testing time
We are really looking forward to continuing to reconnect in this season and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
With love from,