(Information edited Tues 19th Apr)
We are continuing to do all we can to keep everyone safe whilst in our church building. This includes providing hand sanitiser and having socially distanced seating areas available at our services. We will also continue to administer communion in one kind, offering wafers only. If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, we would strongly encourage you not to attend services/events. As Christians, we have a responsibility to show compassion to one another, and so we would encourage everyone to keep in mind those in our community who are more vulnerable, especially when we come together for our services. We will do our best to cater for our whole church family.
We are holding our services in person and continuing to live stream our services to our YouTube channel too so you can watch them online if you feel more comfortable joining services from home.
Our pastoral team are also in touch with many members of our church family, and if you’d appreciate someone to talk to or pray with, we’d love to hear from you too. There’s lots of other exciting things happening so do check the rest of our website and get in touch with the office for details.
As ever, we’re keeping arrangements under regular review, so do check back here for updates.
What is happening with church services, events and courses?
- For information about our services and changes in place, see our services page.
- The staff team are working both from home and in the church centre and are monitoring emails and phone messages.
- Some POD Groups are back to meeting in person. If you’ve got any questions about PODs, do email the church office!
What are we seeking to do as a big church family in this situation?
- Walk closely with God and find his encouragement and strength and be faithful followers of Jesus and help those around us where we can.
- Focus on our three priorities – to LOVE God and share God’s love with one another, to BUILD communities of disciples committed to following Jesus, and to REACH our local community with the Good News.
- Care for one another, especially those at risk within our church family. (The elderly, those with underlying conditions and those with additional needs).
- Be courageous, generous, careful and responsible in all of our efforts and ensure that we follow all necessary measures to keep people safe (i.e. safeguarding, health and safety requirements).
- Do all we can to avoid spreading the virus.
What can I do?
- If you are experiencing COVID symptoms, we would strongly encourage you not to attend services/events.
- Please let us know if you are struggling at all. We want to be praying for you and to support you now, or if the need arises. Please ring 01483 455333 or email email@example.com.
- Join the St Saviour’s Facebook noticeboard: This is a great way of keeping in touch with our church family and sharing ideas.
- Keep praying and encouraging each other in our faith.
- Please keep an eye on our website and social media where we will be posting regular updates.
- Let’s trust God. He is faithful and is with us as we journey through this testing time.
We are really looking forward to continuing to reconnect in this season and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in contact.
With love from,