(Information remains correct as of 4th April 11:02am)
This is an unusual and concerning time for us all and we hope you are not feeling too anxious over recent developments with the Coronavirus. We would love to encourage all of us to press into God and remember that ‘God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble…’ (Psalm 46:1) Let’s all be praying for our St Saviour’s Big Family regularly and for our country and all those affected by the global pandemic in the days ahead.
We are currently holding some of our services in person (which will be ticketed). We will continue to live stream our services (9am, 10:30am, 6pm each Sunday) to our YouTube channel too so you can watch them online if you aren’t quite ready to come back to the building.
Our pastoral team are also in touch with many members of our church family, and if you’d appreciate someone to talk to or pray with, we’d love to hear from you too. There’s lots of other exciting things happening so do check the rest of our website and get in touch with the office for details. As ever, we’re keeping these arrangements under regular review, so do check back here for updates.
We are keen to keep you fully informed as we journey together and so this is a detailed list of what is happening, our approach to the crisis we find ourselves in and how you can get involved or receive support.
Following the ongoing advice from the government and the Church of England, we are taking the following actions:
What is happening with church services, events and courses?
- For information about our services, see our services page.
- The staff team are working remotely from home. This means that the church office is closed but we will be monitoring emails and phone messages.
- POD Groups should meet online only under new Government regulations.
What are we seeking to do as a big church family in this situation?
- Walk closely with God and find his encouragement and strength and be faithful followers of Jesus and help those around us where we can.
- ‘Love God, Love People & Make A Difference’ by building family, shining brightly and living courageously.
- Support one another
- Care for Big Family members, especially those at risk. (The elderly, those with underlying conditions and those with additional needs)
- Prioritise the most vulnerable first
- Be courageous, generous, careful and responsible in all of our efforts and ensure that we follow all necessary measures to keep people safe (i.e. safeguarding, health and safety requirements)
- Do all we can to avoid spreading the virus.
What can I do?
- Please let us know if you are struggling at all, or get the Coronavirus. We want to be praying for you and to support you now, or if the need arises. Please ring 01483 455333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the St Saviour’s Facebook noticeboard: This is a great way of keeping in touch with our church family and sharing ideas whilst we’re not meeting.
- Keep praying and encouraging each other in our faith.
- Please keep an eye on our website and social media where we will be posting regular updates.
- Let’s trust God. He is faithful and is with us as we journey through this testing time
Please keep an eye on our website and social media as it is likely that the government advice will change.
Do know that we will miss seeing your faces and will be praying for you.
With love from,